Susan organized a surprise party
for me on my 50th Birthday (December 8, 2002.)
Tim got me out of the house by begging
a ride over to a friend's house to pick up something he'd left there.
I should have suspected something when Tim & friend shuffled around
the house for 15 minutes and then pulled out a Beach Boys bootleg CD
and started pestering me for stories about growing up with all
that stone age music.
When we got home, the house was packed with friends. Lou Katz
took some pictures.
I received a nice pile of gifts, mostly books:
So I'm set in the reading department for the forseeable future.
- The History of American Classical Music, by John Warthen Struble
- The Tao of Pooh, by Benjamin Hoff
- Uncle Tungsten, by Oliver Sacks
- Fast Food Nation, by Eric Schlosser
- The Origins of Virtue, by Matt Ridley
- English As She Is Spoke, by Jose La Fonseca and Pedro Carolino
- The Lost Beatles Interviews, by Geoffrey Giuliano & Vrnda Devi
- Constantine's Sword, by Jame Carroll